Lentivirus ORF cDNA Clones
How to Find ORF cDNA Clones
Enter any of the following information into the search bar to locate your desired human ORF cDNA clone:
- RefSeq (e.g., NM_018970)
- Gene symbol (e.g., GPR85)
- Gene name (e.g., G protein-coupled receptor 85)
- Description (e.g., GPCR, GPR, or G protein-coupled receptor)
Note: We provide ORF cDNA clones in a variety of formats (e.g., plasmid, adenovirus, and lentivirus) and many have multiple transcript variants available. This means you will likely get several results when you search our catalog. If you are unsure which product to select, please refer to the following. All products beginning with “Lenti-“ are packaged in lentivirus.
Why Choose Lentivirus?
- Integrates into host genome
- Infects both dividing and non-dividing cells
- Strong and stable transgene expression
- Large packaging capacity (~6 kb)
- Can be used to make stable cell lines
- Potential for insertional mutagenesis due to random integration
- Titer is highly sensitive to viral genome size
- Small probability of generating replication-competent lentivirus
Need a custom product?
While many of Vigene’s lentivirus ORF cDNA clones are immediately available, custom-made products are also available upon request. Vigene has pioneered the pEnter shuttling system to allow for ORFs to be quickly and easily transferred into a selection of lentivirus destination vectors with a variety of reporter and tag options. We also provide cloning services to allow you to fully customize your order. If you would like to request a custom order, please contact us with your project details.
Viral Delivery Guide
Our Viral Delivery Guide will help you choose which virus will work best for your specific applications.
These protocols provide suggested guidelines for using lentivirus for in vitro and in vivo experiments.
How do I know if lentivirus is right for my experiments?
What promoters, reporters, and tags do you have available?
What is Vigene’s guarantee?
Vigene guarantees that our ORF cDNA clones will contain the sequence listed on the product description page. Please note that we cannot guarantee protein overexpression because it will depend on your experimental conditions.