Adenovirus miRNA Collection
How to Find an Adenovirus miRNA
Enter any of the following information into the search bar to locate your desired adenovirus miRNA product:
- Pre-miRNA accession number (e.g., MI0000060)
- Pre-miRNA name (e.g., hsa-let-7a-1)
- Mature miRNA accession number (e.g., MIMAT0000062)
- Mature miRNA name (e.g., hsa-let-7a-5p)
- Gene family (e.g., let-7)
Note: We provide miRNA products in both plasmid and adenovirus formats. This means you will likely get several results when you search our catalog. If you are unsure which product to select, please refer to the following. All products beginning with “Ad-“ are packaged in adenovirus and “hsa" indicates it is a human miRNA.
Why Choose Adenovirus?
- Large packaging capacity (~7.5 kb)
- High levels of expression that can often be observed within 24 hours
- Does not integrate into host genome
- Infects most cell types with nearly 100% efficiency
- May trigger a substantial immune response in vivo
- Transient expression
- Cloning can be challenging due to large genome size
- Not suitable for making stable cell lines
If you are interested in using plasmid delivery of precursor miRNAs, please visit our Plasmid miRNAs page for more information.
Need a Custom miRNA Construct?
While many of Vigene’s adenovirus miRNAs are immediately available, custom-made products are also available upon request. We provide cloning services to allow you to fully customize your order. If you would like to request a custom order, please contact us with your project details or see our molecular cloning page for more details.
Viral Delivery Guide
Our Viral Delivery Guide will help you choose which virus will work best for your specific applications.
These protocols provide suggested guidelines for using adenovirus for in vitro and in vivo experiments.
We use replication-incompetent (E1/E3 genes deleted) human adenovirus type 5 (Ad5). All work with adenoviruses should be performed in a BSL-2 facility, which is the biosafety level of most cell culture facilities.
All of Vigene’s adenovirus miRNAs are sequence-verified and guaranteed to contain the sequence listed on the product description page. We also routinely check miRBase for updates (last updated miRBase release 22) and remove products if they are listed as dead entries.