Vigene Bioscience offered complimentary monthly scientific webinars on GMP productions of viral vectors and plasmids. Please join us and interact with our scientists. Below is the webinar information.
- On Demand Webinar: Viruses – Friends or foes? An overview of viruses, virus therapies and viral vectors
- On Demand: Standardized AAV viral vector and plasmid manufacturing and analytics.
- On Demand: Scalable GMP production of AAV, lentivirus & plasmids
- On Demand: GMP lentivirus production optimization
- On Demand: GMP plasmid production and analytical testing
On Demand Webinar – Viruses Friends or Foes? An Overview of Viruses, Virus Therapies and Viral Vectors
Viruses – Friends or Foes? An overview of viruses, virus therapies and viral vectors
Speaker – Jeffrey Hung, Ph.D.
Human’s genome and history have been scattered with different kinds of viruses, which are the unique microbial organisms that lack the capacity to propagate and reproduce outside of a host cell. Viruses including SARS-COV2, appear to be foes of mankind in that they cause diseases even death. However, thanks to the great efforts of many biomedical researchers, viruses have also been tamed to bring healthy genes into cells and humans to cure diseases such as cancer and genetic disorders. On this aspect, recombinant viruses are definitely our great friends. DNA and RNA Viruses, the epidemiology of virus diseases, virus therapies and the engineering and manufacturing of viral vector will be discussed.
- Overview of different viruses in gene therapies
- Their life cycles and epidemiology history
- The recombinant viruses and the manufacturing of viral vectors
On Demand Webinar – Standardized AAV Viral Vector and Plasmid Manufacturing and Analytics
Standardized AAV viral vector and plasmid manufacturing and analytics
Speaker – Dr. Jeffrey Hung
Scalability and affordability are two of the main prominent challenges for the AAV gene therapy supply. To meet the need for increased viral vector manufacturing, we propose to establish standardized AAV viral vector and plasmid manufacturing and analytics to ensure consistency of the productivity and to accelerate the release of GMP materials. Transfection efficiency, selection of producer cells, upstream production and downstream purification by chromatography as well as packaging plasmid manufacturing will be discussed. In addition, the newly launched AAV reference standards for AAV testing and analytics and their application for the standardized AAV testing will be overviewed.
Sign up for the webinar to learn more.
• AAV GMP production process
• AAV Reference Standards
• AAV testing and analytic services