Frequently Asked Questions
Want to know more about any of Vigene’s products or services? Start by checking out our Research-grade and GMP FAQs. If you still have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
The scale you choose will depend on the total amount of virus you need and your application. Our small-scale packaging services are a cost-effective choice for doing pilot studies in vitro, but is not suitable for in vivo work as the viral particles are not purified. Our large-scale packaging services are ideal for in vitro or in vivo work and provide enough viral particles for most small animal studies. We also offer preclinical packaging services if you require large quantities of virus for larger animal studies (e.g. primates). We also offer clinical-grade GMP viral production for use in clinical trials or commercial manufacturing.
Because every GMP campaign is unique, all quotes are individualized for the specific needs of the project. We will start with a conference call once a Non-Disclosure Agreement is in place. During the call, we will inquire about the basic project details that we will need in order to generate an accurate quote, including the following:
- The number and types of specific vectors needed, plus the transgene sizes for each
- The scale of the project (total virus yield)
- What technology (materials or processes), if any, is available to be transferred to Vigene
- Whether previous batches have been produced, and if those records are available for review
- Whether the formulation requirements are known
- The time frame by which the clinical-grade material must be produced
- The country (or countries) in which the clinical trials will be held